Notified reports webinar attendance up by 66%
Registration, attendance, content and engagement data are covered in depth in this annual report.
The 2022 Benchmark Report for Webinars and Virtual Events has identified Tuesday and Wednesday as the most popular days to host a virtual event, while Wednesday and Thursday are more popular for webinars.
This year’s report analyzes customer data from Notified’s webinar and virtual event technology. Using a subset of customer webinars and virtual events taking place between June 2021 and June 2022, the report provides data-driven insights and best practices alongside real-world examples, and ideas from industry experts. The annual report is intended to help event planners and marketers design impactful experiences optimized to meet and exceed attendee expectations.
“With the widespread adoption of event technology over the past several years, some norms and best practices around conducting webinars and virtual events have been persistent and some new trends have started to emerge,” said Dan Lotzof, chief revenue officer for Notified. “As we analyzed this year’s data, the two core themes that stood out are agility and optimization—as marketers and event planners continue to evaluate their strategies and budgets for 2022 and beyond, they’re seeking ways to keep audiences highly engaged through meaningful experiences and formats.”
Other highlights from Notified’s report include:
- 77% of webinars include video compared to just 61% in 2019
- Live attendance for webinars is up approximately 66% in the last two years
- 78% of events are less than three days long
- 20 is the average number of speakers per event compared to just six in 2019
- The addition of gamification to virtual events increases attendee engagement. Approximately 112 million minutes were spent playing in-event games during the study period.
>> Booth C4857