Techne Events: A business built on relationships
More than 20 years in the events industry has allowed Techne Events founders to engage in a variety of management models for staff, contractors and suppliers. That experience has directed the team to choose a human-resources approach based on relationships with carefully vetted, mutually committed, long-term contractors and partner-suppliers. It’s a strategy that takes time but is well worth it, according to Anthony Talarico, owner and executive producer of Techne Events.
“Admiration, trust and respect amongst the team defines our identity and performance,” he said.
The benefits of this employment model, he added, include low staffing overhead, less time managing staff (more time to serve clients) the ability to harness the full potential of suppliers when you treat them as partners and the generation of new ideas and inspiration that comes from expanding the talent roster and building networks.
Talarico said great relationships are built on these ideals:
- Treat contractors and suppliers with care and respect. Listen to their needs and advice. Be flexible and open to new ideas. Be honest, be generous and build trust.
- Consider suppliers and venue teams as valued partners.
- Facilitate and support your team. Help passionate experts be their best.
- Harness strengths and shore up limitations.
- Solve challenges together in the moment (vs. defend/blame).
“A thoughtful and inclusive team structure provides opportunity for team members to affect and impact results; it attracts top talent and drives excellent results,” he said. “It’s key to our business model and aligns with our values.”
>> Booth D3031