San Antonio invites visitors for a taste of Texas
The annual Tasting Texas Wine + Food Festival returns to San Antonio October 26–29, 2023. This year’s four-day epicurean experience is prepared to feature unique flavors across San Antonio neighborhoods. Guests will enjoy delicious bites from Texas restaurants and satisfying drinks from local beverage makers, all while learning from industry experts.
Tasting Texas’ two marquee events—The Grand Tasting and Burgers, Bourbon & Beer—will take place in San Antonio’s first neighborhood, La Villita, in front of its Maverick Plaza. The recently renovated Fairmount Hotel, located at La Villita’s southern gateway, will be home to educational seminars led by experts who will share wine and spirit tasting notes and teach visitors how to pair the perfect wine with the perfect dish.
The event will feature more than 100 celebrated chefs, including special appearances from:
- Richard Blais, Ember & Rye/Four Flamingos
- Tanya Holland, Brown Sugar Kitchen
- Sarah Grueneburg, Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio
- Mavis-Jay Sanders, A Sanders Thing
- Brett Vibber, The Table
- Daniel Poss, Root Food + Wine
- Emiliano Marentes, ELEMI Restaurant
- Quy Hoang, Blood Bros. BBQ
- Paula E. Lowe, The Manchester
- Jeff Balfour, Southerleigh Hospitality Group
- Nicola Blaque, The Jerk Shack/Mi Roti
- Jason Dady, Jason Dady Restaurants
- Leo Davila, Burnt Bean Co.
- PJ Edwards, Meadow Neighborhood Eatery + Bar
- Geronimo Lopez, Botika
- Tim “the Girl” McDiarmid, The Good Kind/Ivy Hall
- Esaul Ramos, 2M Smokehouse
- Kristina Zhao, Sichuan House/Dashi Sichuan Kitchen + Bar
“Bringing Texas’ most prestigious food and wine festival to San Antonio’s first neighborhood provides festivalgoers another authentic and unique reason to discover why San Antonio is the Culinary Capital of Texas,” said Marc Anderson, president and CEO of Visit San Antonio.
>> Booth D3624