How to choose a production partner with sustainability in mind
Deciding on the optimal production partner can be a daunting experience, given the array of technology and digital/hybrid options to consider and the increasingly critical role that sustainability plays.
According to ShowTec, a direct provider of design and production technology for live, hybrid and virtual corporate meetings and events, these five key questions can help guide you with your sustainable show production needs.
- Is there an 80/20 production initiative in place where 80% or more of show site equipment and materials are reusable or recyclable?
- Do they have a full staff of designers and technicians dedicated to integrating all elements in a sustainable and creative way?
- Are they using the latest energy-efficient technologies to save on electrical, rigging, labor and freight expenses?
- Does your provider use environmentally friendly construction techniques including low volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in their set construction and donate useable surplus materials to local charities?
- Do they own and operate their own clean air certified vehicles? Contracting with outside transportation companies can be more costly, delays can occur, and diesel-emission controls can’t be guaranteed.
>> Booth D3243